Friday, October 28, 2011

Fedora 16 Beta

I have been a Fedora fan since Red Hat discontinued there Linux line which at that time I moved over to Fedora Core. I have been happy ever since. This is not to say that I didn't have problems.
Several days ago I moved over from Fedora 15 to Fedora 16 Beta. Generally you would expect to have issues with a beta version of operating system.

As with Fedora 15; Fedora 16 has a new version of Gnome. Gnome 3.2 is easier to configure that Gnome 3.0. I found that I had to configure, by making changes to the CSS files that Gnome Shell operates with.

I have found that the OS Plumber gives the user a solid understanding of the Gnome Shell where he/she would be able to customize the shell to their liking.

I want to give the Fedora team a well done on the new Fedora.


No comments: